16. Carrión to Terradillos de los Templorios

Camino Frances - Day 18 - September 13th. 2013: Carrión to Terradillos (16th day walking)
Contour Map: Copyright John Brierley click here to see notes










Click here for Google Map and my starting point today
I was clearly in good form today because the walk went without incident and I have little to report about my progress along the way. I need not have worried about buying food as some guy had set up a makeshift cafe in a small enclosed area in a field. He had a BBQ going and also sold, water, fizzy drinks, tea coffee etc. I ordered a green tea, sat at a table and made up my own roll of smoked salmon and olives. This facility may not be there all year round as it did look temporary so I suppose pilgrims should still make provision for this stretch by at least having enough water and some basic food or fruit.
Sunset over Terradillos viewed from Albergue Los Templarios























I checked into Albergue Los Templarios, a modern facility just before the town of Terradillos. I was lucky it seems because shortly thereafter I saw people being turned away because there were no beds available. In fact I noticed two young girls setting up their sleeping bags on couches in the reception area 

I enjoyed a couple of beers in the garden with Jo, Mary, Kathy, Anna, James, Sheila, Chris and Clara.
Mary and Kathy
Anna from Virginia
Jo and Mary
Chris, Mary, Clara and Jack
James entertaining the ladies : )
Clara stopped me on the way into dinner and said she had some very interesting information for me and that we should sit together with Chris for our meal. I sat with Chris, Clara and the lovely Mary from Canada. 

Chris informed me that he was on Kilimanjaro on January 2nd. the same day that my own group had been struck by lightening. He was on the opposite side of the mountain but heard all about our tragedy. It is indeed a small world. Clara told us all about growing up in Columbia as one of 15 children. A wonderful, open, insight into her earlier life.

I shared a room with two young ladies who were travelling together and a stunningly beautiful German lady in her forties and travelling alone. Lights out at 9pm. I had a thought that my older grandkids were probably still running around at this time. 




______________________________________________________________
Other Links, relating to this section of the Camino, you may wish to follow 

Carrión de los Condes:
Images of Carrión de los Condes on the internet
Wikipedia on Carrión de los Condes
Terradillos de los Templorios:
Image of Terradillos de los Templorios on the internet
Wikipedia on Terradillos de los Templorios
__________________________________
Topic:

No comments:

Post a Comment